On Friday morning District Court Judge Timothy J. Kelly granted a motion made by CNN and White House reporter Jim Acosta, temporarily returning the reporter’s suspended press pass while the case proceeds. The network filed suit against the Trump administration on Tuesday and motioned for a temporary restraining order that would “preserve the status quo” and return Acosta’s pass, which had been revoked from him last Wednesday by White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Judge Kelly, a Trump appointee, said that Acosta was not afforded due process when his pass was revoked and agreed that Acosta has suffered “irreparable harm” by being deprived of his pass, which allows him to do his job as the network’s chief White House correspondent. He also said that CNN has shown that it’s likely to win the case, thus satisfying the standards necessary to win the emergency ruling. However, Judge Kelly said he has not yet decided on the First Amendment nature of the case. During a hearing on Wednesday, Theodore J. Boutrous Jr. on behalf of CNN and Acosta and Deputy Assistant Attorney General James Burnham on behalf of the White House, argued the merits of the motion. Burnham argued that CNN’s team had not met the high burden necessary to grant the motion, which required the network to prove that Acosta was enduring daily “harm” by being deprived of his “hard pass.” Meanwhile, Boutrous argued that the White House’s decision was “capricious,” unwarranted and deprived Acosta of his First and Fifth Amendment rights. After the decision – which was delayed until Friday – was announced, Boutrous Jr said, Acosta also spoke in front of the courthouse saying, To read more on this story, head to THR.com. For The Hollywood Reporter News, I’m Lyndsey Rodrigues.